4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

over heating 2002 jimny

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stewy85

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49    Post subject: over heating 2002 jimny Reply with quote

hey fellow zookers!

i am having a bit of a problem with my 2002 suzuki jimny (M13A) motor. when i drive the car it pushes the water out of the radiator and into the over flow causing the engine to over heat. i have replaced radiator, radiator cap, thermostat and even changed the standard engine fan to a aftermarket electronic thermo fan. i have even put this stuff into the cooling system that people put into race cars incase the head is cracked or head gasket is broken and still no change. please help me out with this guys. i'm starting to run out of things to change.

thanks
stew
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you might have a blocked rad, try disconnecting the hoses and running a hosepipe through it to check the flow.

if its not flowing through properly, itll force the coolant into the header tank when the engine is running

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
stewy85

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey.
it's not the radiator as it is bran new, not even a week old. yesterday i put in a new water pump as well. thanks for the help anyway.
seeyoujimny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day mate,
Try taking of the radiator cap when engine is cold, put a wee bit of pipe into the top of raiator and the other end into a clear botle of water, start the engine and watch for bubbles, get a mate to rev it up, bubbles are exhaust gas, caused by a cracked head or burst gasket, usually between cylinders 2 and 3, to find out which one, cut out each cylinder one at a tym by pulling off the HT lead, or wires to the injector, when the buubles die down, or go away, thats the cylinder which is at fualt.
Check oil level too, the oil is for cooling also, check its no milky.
Also, is there hot air coming out of the heater when the engine is warm? if not there is air trapped in the system, bleed out at the top rad hose.
is the fan definatly turning, and at the right speed?
good luck hope this helps
stewy85

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey mate
yeah everything is looking naormal. everything now in the cooling system has been replaced. probably don't help the motor has done over 300 000kms. i have found the way to fix the problem now. i'm just going to buy a near new engine. for under $1000 i can get a 18 000kms engine so that'll fix it. thanks for the help tho guys,
Mike Raymond

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned a jimny 1.3 since 1995. Seems has the same problem lately. My engine temp rose especially when I turn on the air-con and in a traffic jam. When moving the temp gauge always at little bit over half mark. I never have over heating problem when air-con is off and the temp gauge always at one third mark. I have asked radiator shop and the mechanic says, almost all suzuki jip has the same problem because they found out the radiator is too small and not sufficient to cool the engine. They asked me to find bigger radiator and the most suitable radiator is from Nissan Vannette. Its 2 inches wider from the stock and needs a little modification on the left holding frame (for right hand drive). I manage to find the nissan radiator at the 2nd hand shop and changed the radiator. I still use the stock fan and cover. My over heating problem now seems gone forever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: