4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Auto front hubs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scratchy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 0:24    Post subject: Auto front hubs Reply with quote

Evening/morning all!

New here, but looking for a vitara for covering lots of light off road ground, budget running to a £1000 ish.

What are the benefits/downfalls of manual versus auto locking front hubs?

What year did mnual hubs become extinct?

Without knowing the ins and outs, how do you tell the difference?

A brief deascription of how each works in the real life mud would be good.

Much thanks!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 0:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tallbike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same sort of agenda when I went shopping for my Vit about a month ago. I can answer some of your questions, here goes....

Auto Vs Manual... personal preference here. Autos are good if you don't want to get out of the vehicle to lock them, although theres not really any way of knowing if they are disengaged once you've finished in the mud. Manuals give the assurance of knowing their state because you have to manually turn them 'locked' or 'Free'.... indicated by a big switch divice in the center of the front hubs. I had a 95' 2ltr V6 with auto hubs a few years ago, worked ok, driving a 99' 4U2 with manual hubs now, although I suspect one of mine is partially engaged(!).

I hope this helps! Very Happy
31" MT tyres
Matching trailer being built from a 5 door Vit, watch this space!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: