4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rear Trailing Arm Was A Real Mess !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scorpion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 13:55    Post subject: Rear Trailing Arm Was A Real Mess ! Reply with quote

Got round to sorting the 'wandering axle' problem today. Removed both trailing arms, found one side okay but the other was a bit of a mess!

This is how the trailing arm bush should look -

And this is how it did look, missing the steel insert!

The bush wth the correct 12mm bolt inserted -

- and the bush with a 10mm bolt in which some numpty had fitted to one end of mine! No wonder there was excessive movement.

Is it worth putting a new bush into the arm as it looks totally knackered to me?

Would it be easier / cheaper just to buy a good condition second hand trailing arm?

Thanks for any help offered.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 13:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

pistinbroke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mate as a newbie what problem did this solve .mine feels a bit unstable on the back cheers
zocko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a good second hand one is in order

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
owen_999

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

i put all new rear bushes on mine and at £100 for the 4 i would recommend trying to get a good second hand one. mine where an absolute ball ache to get out. :\
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: