4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

gear change from cold "sticking" Vitara 1993 auto

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattybarber45

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 22:07    Post subject: gear change from cold "sticking" Vitara 1993 auto Reply with quote

Hello All,
I have a 1993 Vitara auto, its in great shape other than from cold it does not change up straight away, if I warm it up for approx 5-10mins it greatly improves the problem but its still there.  I’ll try to explain what happens from cold.
Placing the gear selector into Drive then setting off the car accelerates up to approx 20-30k then it just revs right up and all torque is lost as if the gear box has gone into neutral.  I then pulse the accelerator so it revs upto 4.5k rpm down to 3k rpm, after 30-60 seconds it eventually clunks into next gear and from there the car changes no problem so its the initial change.

I have taken it to a mechanic who dropped the gearbox and cleaned the governor, checked filters and transmission lines and also changed the trans oil.  He tells me that the “O” rings deep within the gearbox are the cause and it would be a full strip down to correct plus many $$$$

I can live with the problem but would really like to get some advice from people how know Suzuki Vitara’s or possibly already had this problem?
Cheers
Matt
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 22:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: