All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My (slow) project :-D

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vitara chick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 17:49    Post subject: My (slow) project :-D Reply with quote

Hi all

The story so far:

Got my vitara 3 years ago, never had a thing for 4x4's but I had to get one because I bought a fishing boat so needed something strong enough to tow it but small enough so it wouldn't cost the earth to run. So I chose this one.

Once I got her I loved her, and then made it my aim was for her to be a slow project for me, however time and money was an issue, as well as needing her to get me to and from work. So any major works to be done would be an issue.

I have to admit, hope perished and I just neglected her a bit.

But....over the last 6 months I have made a start kicked myself up the back side to get started.

I started with a service....yes I hadn't even serviced her in the 3 years! But figured it was time to familiarise myself with the engine, and refused to pay a garage to do it. So I gave her a service and after that felt racked with guilt that I hadn't taken care of her before.

Since then, I have had new brake cylinders and shoes, new anti roll bar drop links, new dizzy cap, new rotor arm, new leads, new plugs, new fuel filter, upgraded the air filter (which has made an immense difference the cars performance) new rocker gasket and started a re-spray and sprayed some of the interior. Most of this I have done myself with thanks to the engine being so basic.

I have had many comments about her, and a few people stop me in car parks and ask if I will be selling her soon. To which I reply a polite no. I have also been asked if the car can be used for shows when she is finished, so i have made it my mission to get her complete by next summer.

The future for my little princes will include: a full interior revamp, re-upholstery of all the seats and door cards from the ugly cream plastic seats to black leatherette with pink stitching mathing the exterior colour. The carpet will be black. She will have a full respray to return her to her factory brightness, a new soft top roof, wiper arms need spraying, rocker cover will be sprayed all stickers replaced with new, maybe a lift kit or lower her slightly but not too much, if she gets lowered she will have wide arches put on.

Nothing will be done engine wise as she is fantastic and runs without any probs and has never failed me...I'd be a fool to try and alter it!

Pictures will follow....as soon I figure out to do it. And progress will be updated as and when it happens.

Thanks for reading Very Happy

Carla.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 17:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Vitara chick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody who can help me with the photo uploading will be great!!! ive no idea how to do it in a forum
dely

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you need more posts before you can put pictures up, Hi by the way Laughing
Vitara chick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok I see, thanks. That's a shame.
dely

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think it is only 10 or so so won't take to long Idea
b4mb4m100

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need a photo bucket account and then you copy and paste the link onto your page and it will come up with your picture  Very Happy
Vitara chick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had best get posting then. I shall try the bucket account thing. Are you guys avid users of this club? Im very new, and decided to have a hunt for car friends. None of my friends has this interest at all, and my boyfriend is a performance car fan, and yesterday it was lovely and sunny and he had a meet and got to drive around all day on some great roads.....so I jumped in my car and went for a drive but it really isn't all that fun without a buddy.
Vitara chick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh man! just tried uploading all the pics etc and it wouldnt let me post it because i have to have been a member for a set amount of days, and now its deleted it all. oh poo. well in a few days....hopefully you can see her.
b4mb4m100

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i use this site alot of the time . and we going out all the time but i live near scarborough were do you come from ? we go out most weekends  Very Happy
Vitara chick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah thatust be great, I'm all the way down in Exeter. Really would be great to have car buddies. All the people I know with 4x4 have them for off tossing, but I can't have my car broken as it's my only means of transport.
Vitara chick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god!!! Off roading!!!! I meant off roading!!!!! Damn you auto correct! Apologies. Why the he'll does my iPhone even have that as auto correct, I don't even use that word. Haha, gotta laugh.
Vitara chick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys here she is

this is withe the few bits ive done so far, air filter upgrade, rocker cover gasket, bonnet re-spray (with rest of car to follow.

Vitara chick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 17:11    Post subject: What i did over the weekend Reply with quote

So......... As it was a beautiful day on sunday i took the opportunity to spray bits of the engine.

I would rather have had the roof down and gone for a drive but ive been holding off doing these things because of bad weather

So i spent the day in the garden, with newspaper, aeresols, beer and a roast dinner.

And here is what happened, and i have to, im pretty happy with the results.

red oxide after the prep

black gloss on the airbox

pink on the rocker cover

pink clips, rad cap and bolts

and this is the end result

I had to get couple of new breathers as the original ones were a bit worse for wear, i wanted silicone ones rather than the rubber ones, but they only had blue...as you can see, but to be honest i dont think it looks so bad and thinking of replacing the rest with blue as well.

Its a shame the rest of the engine bay is in such a state but im working on it Very Happy when theres another nice day, ill be back out there doing it.

(Oh and i havent put the wiper arms on yet.)

so, more progress, hopefully should be able to get working on the interior soon.

thanks for looking.
MacSmurf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it, I never thought of that - an induction filter *slaps head*  Very Happy nice and tidy... no fear of losing it!

1993 Vitara Fatboy
Vitara chick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell you what tho, drives like a dream with that, so much smoother and more power accelerating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: