4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

***How many miles can your 4x4 achieve out of £25?***

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempman_

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 17:48    Post subject: ***How many miles can your 4x4 achieve out of £25?*** Reply with quote

This should be interesting...

I've always been one of them blokes who tops up a certain amount at the petrol station and measure how many miles I get... And see how it differs each time with different type of drivin ie like a *beep* ed, oap and so on...

I have a vitara 1.6 1996 3door

Out of £25 I got 97miles (with a couple laps around the fam in 4wd

Please share your findings
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 17:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

brianbuist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a gv 2.0 auto I get about 25miles to the gallon which I guess is poor, or does anyone think this is "normal"! this is running it like a OAP, keeping the rev's below 2500 (up to 40 mph) and under 3000 rpm and 65/70 mph, the vit does need a service in about 2000 mls, apart from a "normal" service should I be looking at getting anything else done to improve MPG ? my 2003 03 plate has done 58000 mls

Brian
Tempman_

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that sounds good! I'm also keeping the revs down, I drive 3 cars the work car which is a corsa and my other cars a civic type r and they have a lot of depth on the throttle! And when I jump back in the vit she has what feels like acouple of inch's! Maybe that has something to do with my hefty gyal consumption.

Are you using 4wd much?
Vitara chick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fill up £25 a week and do about 150miles, or about 100 if I drive like loon. I have a 1994 1.6 swb vitara. She never used to do that well but I upgraded a few bits and she uses alot less now.

Nice to be on the forum Very Happy
Tempman_

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, what's the difference between yours and an jlx then?

Whqt upgrades have you done
Vitara chick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually now I'm thinkin about it, only one upgrade but I've replaced quite a bit over the last 3 weeks, dizzy cap, fuel filter, plugs, leads, rocker cover gasket, radiator flush, carb cleaner and fuel additive, but the thing that's made the mst difference is the air filter! Believe it no I not have smoother accelleration, and quicker acceleration and she really isn't using as much fuel at all. Basically I fitted a solid pipe to the airbox where the flexi tube was and put on a cone air filter, the filter is sat right next to the cold air feed, much better performance and it cost under £20! Will upload a pic when I'm allowed I think I'm still too new.
Vitara chick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay, finally

air filter upgrade

Tempman_

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, I still havent been able to find out how to upload a picture lol

So was this air filter brought specifically for the car the I.e ur engine size etc?

I want a snorkle eventually and but was going to leave that as one of the last mods! If it cuts down on that much fuel I'll do it 1st!!!

Do u take ur Vit off road?
zocko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think suki gives about 17-18 to the gallon if youre driving miss daisy and about 11-12 if you rag the pants off her so £25 gives between 50 and 80 miles

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Vitara chick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a photobucket account  set up, only takes 5 mins, upload your pic to that then you can copy and paste the direct link to your post and it will come up.

No I don't take her off roading, she's my everyday car so I can't afford to have her off the road if she gets trashed and needs fixing. Bought her to tow my boat originally which is why I went for a 4x4.
And plus she's my little project,
I have someone who wants her on their stand at car shows.
A Performance car show, of all things. Thing is, people don't realise what you can get out of them sometimes until you get in one.

The filter is a universal one, its basically the equivilant to a k&n induction kit (which I think were about £70 for mine).
The solid pipe comes in different colours and shapes, there's a straight one, a right angle one (mine) and another one that's not quite as sharp angled as mine.
They come in red, blue and silver.
And the filters come in white, blue, black and red (redish/orangy).

Let me know if you want any of it, reckon I can get it cheaper than anywhere else for you if u want me to price it up.
Smile
benji

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi vitara chick,just read your post on the induction kit looks a nice setup could you get me a price on the intake hose and filter please? if you get parts local thats a bonus as im only down the road from you.
many thanks benji.
Vitara chick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah of course I can, best thing I've done to mine. What colour do you want? The filter that's on mine with the mesh on it only comes in black, the ones without the mesh come in the different colours but the black one with the mesh is cheaper, and do you want the pipe the same angle as mine? And what colour Smile

Carla
benji

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

The setup you've got looks fine to me,colour,angle etc as long as its cheaper than a K&N there a little too pricey for my likeing.The engines pretty tidy on mine and the only thing letting it down is a dirty great black intake,it just needs something to make  it look half decent under the bonnet Very Happy
Vitara chick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's kind of why I did mine, unfortunately the rest of the engine looks like poop, so the new air filter and pipe is the best looking bit now.lol. Gonna be spraying the rocker cover and giving it all a good clean up.

£35 for the pipe and filter. Bit dearer than I thought it was but still miles cheaper than a k&n.
benji

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cheaper than i expected,could you tell me how i can go about buying the pipe and filter please?ive just de-greased and pressure washed the engine and its cleaned up real nice once i have the pipe and filter just a case of a little fresh paint here and there,maybe a set of coloured ht leads and dizzy cap just to finish her off Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: