Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

hot engine bay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Jimny Engine Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaffaman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 18:37    Post subject: hot engine bay Reply with quote

Hi all ,getting good at this,can any one tell me please,my engine (under the bonet) seems to get very hot,water temp is ok on the clock,would it help if I put the air intake out side of the engine bay to keep the engine cooler when running.
  I don't want to go down the snorkle root more like the on the land rover on the of the wing( 10 hell marys for saying
   that word on here L Shocked R Embarassed  but that is the only way I can put it so it can draw in cold air rather very hot under  the bonet,cheers lads,,,,,,,Andy K
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 18:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

popuptoaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

air temp in the inlet wont make much difference, airflow over the engine is what you need, having said that, if the water temp is fine it should be alright, may just feel hot under there because its a small engine bay.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if the water temp is ok, why bother?  My Jimny runs between 88 and 90*c when warm.  That is the reading from my currant data on my diagnostic scanner,  basically the thermostat is maintaing this steady tempeture, with only less then 2% fluctuation, that is excellent, I have known some engines that have a fluctuation of upto 30*c, that's a lot of heating up and cooling down, expanding and contracting over the years!

If you increase the air flow to keep it cooler then the thermostat will simply hold back coolant to counter the effect to keep the engine warm! All you will do is really move hot air around with fresh air.

Think about it  Wink  

Steve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Jimny Engine Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: