4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

'Burnt out' ? ignition barrel.. fusible link the culprit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seahorsejeep

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 14:24    Post subject: 'Burnt out' ? ignition barrel.. fusible link the culprit? Reply with quote

Suzuki Samurai,  1.3, petrol LWB 1996.
For some reason, I have had to change the ignition barrell 3 times to no avail, as each time, it stops working on the starter phase (i.e. position 1-steering lock disengages, position 2-ignition lights, position 3(spring return)- no starter motor, no click, no buzz, nothing, nada, zilch!) One suggestion given to me was that it might be the 'fusible link', an incomprehensible (for me!) Confused  bit of wire that comes of the positive battery terminal and has some obscure function.Apparently, the resistance in it may cause the ignition part of the ignition switch to burn out.  True or B*llsh*t ???
Can't find anything in the manual about it, and everytime I buy a new barrell its 89 euros. Ouch!
In the meantime, I'm bent over, hotwiring the damnd thing to start it, explaining to any passengers that I haven't
stolen it, Honest! Embarassed
Can anyone out there shed any light on my problem,? Pleeeease.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 14:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not bypass the start position on the barrel and put in a hidden start button (for security of course)

itll ean you have to put the key in and turn the ignition on but then youll have to press the button to start the car

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: