4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My Vitara JLX 2.0L SE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrKnievel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 0:20    Post subject: My Vitara JLX 2.0L SE Reply with quote

Here's a few pictures of my Vitara... Apparently this is one of twelve 2.0L Vitaras that were imported into the country.

I love this little Zook, and it actually packs a surprising punch for its size!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 0:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

WESTINI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks in very good condition, how much did it set you back if you dont mind me asking? in the region of.....
MrKnievel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind mate, i paid £1000 for it...
That's what it was advertised for and i tried my hardest to haggle a few quid off but he kept resorting to saying
"these are really rare", when he kept saying that i presumed he was saying that because it was an auto, it was later when i found out why it's rare.
Either way, me and the Mrs love it. Very Happy
MarkL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad deal at all there, especially if there are only 12 of them in the country!  No wonder the fella didn't want to drop the price.
MrKnievel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers MarkL,
well i didn't think i was paying over the odds for it, me and the Mrs looked at different Vitaras for about a grand over the space of a few weeks and to be honest most of the 98/99 models were between £895-£1300 so the price seemed about right.

We did go to view a tatty fat/wide boy for £895 from some dodgy car dealer in west London, it was when we started asking questions that he said it had no tax or mot! When i asked why it was so much he said because they are now becoming collectors items Laughing
WESTINI

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrKnievel, what profile wheels and tyres are these? they look like fatboy alloys? im looking at doing a "wider" conversion..
MrKnievel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it has 275/40R17 Cooper Cobra tires fitted, got no idea where the wheels come from, that's another thing the bloke selling the car was going on about. He did say how much they cost each but i can't remember now.

Must admit i've not even heard them screech in the dry yet, and believe me i've tried!
It holds the road better than my Impreza!!! Shocked
MacSmurf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same tyres as mine, and bloody not cheap either! I had to buy two for the last MOT. In fact when I phoned THREE tyre places including Tyre Express and Setyres they both said they can't get them. So had to buy them in from a website who order them from the states as they are fitted to the Jeep Cherokee.

I must admit though I am getting fed up with the width dictating direction on the road though, would like to get a standard set of wheels lol.

Lovely looking motor there, one thing is wrong... it's too clean  Very Happy

1993 Vitara Fatboy
MrKnievel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm... That's not good, the front nearside tyre is gonna need replacing quite soon, if their too much i'll do a hunt on eBay & Gumtree for a used one, the Mrs only poodles around town in it and the only dirt it sees is the dirt in the gutter.

I know what you mean about dictating the direction, they do seem to pull you about all over the road when it's un-even.

You can talk about clean!.... Yours looks like it just come out of the showroom in your sig! Laughing
mwatters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

very cool suzuki vitara, i've never seen one like that. how is it in winter driving or in snow?
MrKnievel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwatters wrote:
very cool suzuki vitara, i've never seen one like that. how is it in winter driving or in snow?
I think it's stock other than the wheels and the bull bar on the front, i have recently found out the bar on the front is an Australian aftermarket part called a Kangaroo bar? Still waiting for the snow to turn up mwatters, it's been one of the mildest winters for many years so far, we'll probably get a good dousing in Jan/Feb, i'm sure there will be plenty of pictures posted once it arrives Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: