4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

help and advice about lj80 prices please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Other Suzuki queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbear

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:42    Post subject: help and advice about lj80 prices please Reply with quote

hi there , i was woundering if anyone could help me, i am helping a friend who is thinking about selling there lj80 , i was wondering how much they go for?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm me what they want for it and what condition its in etc and ill see what i can find out for you if you want?

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
deathbus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

send me some pics if you can please  Very Happy

im on the lookout for another zuki to work on.  Wink
neilio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 15:40    Post subject: Pricing an LJ80 Reply with quote

Hi, just to add my two pennies worth.

I've owned, restored and collect LJ80s. These cars are rare in ‘good’ condition but have recently become very collectable (Going the way of Series 1 Land Rovers). Parts are hard to come by, but they're still available if you search about and wait, or buy from Germany.

As for pricing, here are the metrics I use when buying one (I rarely sell):

A complete rusted dog but can be restored - £200 - £500
A car that is useable but not original (with SJ parts) - £500 - £1000
A car that has been 'done up' and looks presentable - £1500 - £2000
A car that has been totally restored - £2000 - £4000
A car that is totally original, in excellent condition and requires no work - £5,000+ (very rare)

With all that in mind - we must remember that a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. There is a big market for these in Germany, and with the drop in the Euro, they are seen to be cheap to our continental friends. I would put it on Ebay and advertise world-wide – BUT watch out for scams. If you sell abroad i.e. Europe, insist the buyer comes to you with cash – it’s worked for me three times.

I hope has been useful  Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Other Suzuki queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: