4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Warning Lites Won't go OUT!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Trouble-shooting & other Suzuki queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PONY

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:44    Post subject: Warning Lites Won't go OUT! Reply with quote

Stock 1986 Suzuki Samurai. On the way to town today the warning lites for: Sensor, Battery & Brake all came on at once. I checked it out and found the bolt that attaches the altenator adjustment bracket to the engine had fallen out and left. I replaced the bolt, checked the alt belt and found it ok. Started it back up and the lites stayed on. So far I've: cycled the sensor switch, disconnected the battery for an hour, checked altenator output at battery (14+v), checked fuses, checked battery and altenator connections, checked brake fluid and emergency brake and ran it up and down the road to NO avail. What To H@**. I have NO Clue what to do next, Any ideas would be greatly appricated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

SWeed2k1

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a doggy earth wire to me. if not ignore the problen and take the bulbs out
zocko

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the wires to the alternator to make sure they haven rubbed through and shorted etc...

theres no engine management so disconnecting the battery for a while wont have any effect. its all down to good old mechanicals on this one bud

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Trouble-shooting & other Suzuki queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: