2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2.5 v6 catalytic converter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobcwf

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:41    Post subject: 2.5 v6 catalytic converter Reply with quote

hi,have 98 2.5 v6 but for some reason have two cats at top of system like on 2.7
1/ are the manifolds the same on both models?Has somone put the wrong exhaust on cos according to the place i go to there shouldn't be cats there and to replace the two is a cool £900............EACH!!!!!!
2/looks like there's a sensor on them(lambda?)if i was to by pass them and run a pipe to the front pipe of system would that cause problem?or if i can swop manifolds can i run with standard front pipe
3/or has some git of a previous owner put a 2.7 in and not told anyone?
Hope someone can help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

SWeed2k1

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

check engine code should be H25 or H25A its on the side on the head near the top on the left side of the engine (pass side uk)
bobcwf

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:27    Post subject: vitara cat Reply with quote

Thanx for that car at exhaust centre at moment as found pair of cats on e-bay for decent price but will check as soon as i get it home
bobcwf

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant see anything on head but have got 2nd hand cats fittednow(and new cat at bottom as old one completely blocked).Question still remains can i fit manifold from other engine which doesn't have cats as integral part and then use usual pipes to connect to the first cat underneath?Other option that i can see is to use manifold that i've got and if it happens againjust take everything out of cats and run like that i.e straight pipes to first cat underneath.Don't think this would affect M.O.T as have gas conversion so emissions should be lots lower(sorry just realised never mentioned conversion before but have been told thats the reason for cats breaking up in first place due to hot exhaust gasses) Any further help,advice or tips greatly appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: