2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

engine ident and glow plugs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g4jnw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:57    Post subject: engine ident and glow plugs Reply with quote

Looks like the year of my vitara 1997 Lwb has 2 types of engine fitted.
I have noticed that it hacks over a few times but when it starts it runs fine, the glow plug light comes on and goes off as it should but was thinking of fitting new ones as they are pretty cheap and they look like they have never been changed.

I have looked in for the engine ident on the block but as there is the huge filter i/c  thing on top can't see it
but the ident plate on the bonnet has an engine ident of LRN974N02  does that relate to the engine type.

I think its a mazda engine but not 100% sure, the car is badged 2.0D i/c Turbo

This is the car Here

The heater plugs look like they have never been changed but is it a big job to get to the rear plugs, what do i have to remove?

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

g4jnw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:33    Post subject: glow plug change Reply with quote

Have sorted out which glow plugs i need, its a mazda engine, ordered the plugs.

Does anyone know if there is a pictorial guide to changing them.

Have changed glow plugs before on my old landrover and there was an easy and a hard way and someone pointed out the easy way but it didn't have a lump on top of the engine like the vitara has!

I can see the front ones would be ok but its getting to the rear ones.
the engineer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

two pipes and 4 bolts to remove intercooler then is easy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: