4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

massive oil leak any help wecome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylor durton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 19:20    Post subject: massive oil leak any help wecome Reply with quote

hi i have found a massive oil leak on my 1993 vitara jlx, i have't had a chance to strip it back abit to see where its coming from but it seems to be high up at the back of the block, covering the back of the engine and gear box, i'am going to have a look at the valve cover gasket but really don't think the presure would be there for the amount of oil loss, would the Distributor have a gasket that would produce a leak this size? other than that i'am thinking head gasket, but i'v never seen one leak like that,  any help would be great
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 19:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

distributor o-ring

buy it from main dealer, its not expensive

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
tylor durton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 19:34    Post subject: cheers Reply with quote

could i get it from any parts dealer do you know? i'v got a new rocker cover gasket just in case any way but i was thinking i should look into that as well while i was at it, i got a u joint gone as well and was just wandering when i remove it from the gear box will it just pull out and is it going to dump all the gearbox oil?
thanks for the tip looks like i got a long weekend but hopfully fairly simple jobs
zocko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the cars level you should be able to pull the shaft out of the tfer box without losing any oil..

pm me what you need exactly and ill see what i can do

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
tylor durton

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 23:09    Post subject: cheers Reply with quote

thanks alot for that but i'v managed to get a o ring it was only a couple of quid, i just changed the u joint thought i would risk losing oil but went ok no oil , pain in the back side tho, them pin bearings ended up smashing some so had to use a couple of the old ones, think i'll be doing it again in the not to far future, make sure i get a couple of sets next time for how much they are, vaulve gasket tomorrow and dizzy seal monday so happy days.
thanks alot for the offer tho
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: