2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hi, currently not an owner but hoping to change soon. Opinio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suzukaru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:33    Post subject: Hi, currently not an owner but hoping to change soon. Opinio Reply with quote

Hi all.

Im Chuck, and am in the Pacnw looking to buy a samurai. Currently I drive a 2006 Subaru WRX thats clearing nearly 320whp, so basically its stupid fast.... Long story short it is costing me to much to go fast and I am done with it... Insurance is killing me (21 y/o clean record), gas mileage is terrible due to mods, and I am afraid something catastrophic is going to happen. I dont drive it enough to appreciate it and all I see when I look at it is $$$$$.

On the flip side the car hasnt given me any grief and I put it through hell and back.. The car has been tough as nails, but approaching the 100k mark I am getting worried. I love my Subaru, but it just causes me unwanted stress and I am thinking about trading it in.

Ive been eyeing this Samurai at one of the dealers on 82nd drive, its a 1987, the odomoter reads 67k miles, motor runs and visually looks good, 4wd works, no body damage, hard top, stock height.. The car is painted army green, with USMC badges in 2 places and camo upholstery on some interior bits..

Test driving it off the bat the wiper switch is broken and the heater/defroster doesnt work. Shifting seems very firm and tight, surprising for a 24 y/o car, there was a slight hesitating while accelerating but that went away when the motor was up to operating temperature, off the top of my head thats all I can think of, I told the dealer I would be back...

All I want from you guys is some opinions. Hell, maybe you could tell me where this car came from because whoever owned it before really put some unique additions (army green paint/camo) on it, what made the person want to let it go??

On a side note the dealer wants 5800 for it, I say 3500 TOPS, which means if I find a single Mcdonalds french fry in the cab Im walking...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tallbike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say its a lot of green for it but then it depends on you... I say shop around a little and go test drive a Vitara (US Sidekick/Escudo/_____?) as the Sami is leaf sprung and the Vitaras are coil spings and then see how you feel but does depend on what you want to use it for. On the plus side, you've made the right choice of manufacturer! Think about it! Very Happy
31" MT tyres
Matching trailer being built from a 5 door Vit, watch this space!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: