4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Insurance??

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coll455

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 23:45    Post subject: Insurance?? Reply with quote

Can anyone help??

Im struggling getting a decent quote for my insurance. im thinking of either a vitara or an sj413. what insurance companies does everyone use keeping in mind they mod their vehicles and offroad them??

Desperate for help as im without a car at the minute.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 23:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zuke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i hold a provisonal and drive a sj410 my insurance is 730 a year and i got my quote from a comparison website compare the market hope this helps
Ryan...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Quinn and Directline

There the best for young drivers. But insurance is mainly affected by the area you live in?

They want £2k for a 413 for me too, well just under but i can get a 410 fully comp for £1200 so im keeping an eye out Smile

you would probably also be better with a 410 till you get a couple of years no claims under your belt. Or if you can't afford one, buy my swift Smile lmao

Good luck with finding cheap prices and if you find someone really cheap for 4x4's let me know haha
DaiRees

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Adrian Flux, no problem with any mods Cool . Dunno how they treat young 'uns though, I'm ancient!! Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Flux are carp for young drivers, until your 21 they wont give you a reasonable quote

Im 20, no ncb, 3 years driving (driving on parents insurance) and insured with admiral for £600 on my samurai sport but as soon as I turn 21 flux will insure me for £400 with mods such as 2.5Ltr TDi engine, lift etc etc
Bam-zuki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sings* for ladies who insure their caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars ......sheila's wheels are super staaaaaaaaaaars  Laughing

I just swapped my insurance over when I got my vit a few months back, so will need to look into it more when its due for renewal again.  Also need to find out a bit more about insurance when offroading, do you need to notify your insurer etc ... I dont wanna do any heavy duty offroading in my vit, as I dont wanna scuff her up too much, just some gentle stuff for her! ......but am looking to get a 2nd vit (or SJ) for more serious playtime!  Twisted Evil

***UPDATE*** - Can anyone take a few minutes to respond to this post please, regarding Insurance, when I get my 2nd drive how do I go about insuring it..might seem like a daft question but I have never owned 2 motors before, so do I have to insure them seperately, or can I drive both on one policy etc etc ...how does it work, and do I have to tell the insurance company that I will be using one of them for offroading and one for on-road use only?
Ryan...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can either insure it separetly or on a multi car policy
Bam-zuki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Ryan ...but any chance you could answer the other questions in that post please?  Very Happy  lol
me and the wife

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrian flux, limited milage and 9 years no claims = £200
Sutman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just renewing mine with Adrian Flux, £181 fully comp Cool .

Bam-zuki Try giving Adrian Flux a call, they have there own 4x4 section. They know what your talking about, like mods ect. And they can cover you when you go and play.
Just tell them what your've plans are for the vechicle, I told them what I have already done to it and what I,m going to add.. like rock sliders Smile , and it still only came to £181
limited milage well make it a lot cheaper, mines on 5000 miles a year.
Bam-zuki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great, thanks for that sutman  Cool

..........and can I have 2 motors on one policy? or seperate...one for my ON-road drive, and one for my OFF-road drive?...also .. do Adrian Flux do instalments via direct debit or require payment in full?...wow so many questions!!  lol

Ryan...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the company, with adrian flux i do not know. But if they do do (sounds right just does not look right) multi car they will ask you the purpose for each vehicle and the mileage + modifications for each vehicle seperately. Just keeps them with one in insurer so its less hassle to renew. May end up more expensive in the run (probaby anywhere up to £50) but its a lot less hassle and you normally get better renewal rates when you have a multi car policy.
Sutman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Flux is insurance for modified vehicles mainly, you would get cheaper insurance else where for your every day drive.
They do instalments by direct debit.
Bam-zuki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great...thanks for all the info guys .......... appreciated muchly Very Happy
JJ2COOL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the main reasons i am not keeping my Vitara, The insurance is 2 expensive for myself, as i only wanted to use the Vitara as a second car in the summer months. i could not get a quote for less than 1 thousand pounds a year. but once i can get cheaper insurance quotes i will deffo be looking at buying another one in the future. the only other thing i have heard is that it can be more expensive to insure a car that is a soft top as they are easier to break into. not to sure if this is correct but that is what a few insurance companies told me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: