4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hello all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:48    Post subject: Hello all Reply with quote

Hi there, my name is Darren and I am just about to step into the World of Jimny. We decided we needed a little 4x4 after the current weather so here I am. Hoping to get lots of good info on buying and mainaining a Jimny.

cheers
daz
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tallbike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Takes coat*

Welcome to the club. Hopefully we can give you the advice you need and if you want to get it mildly muddy or fully bogged down on a offroading site, we can help you there too! Whatever you want from your jap 4x4, you should be able to find it here!
Enjoy!  Very Happy
daz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers TB, it will get occasional off road use as I do a wee bit of shooting and fishing, I am hoping to get up to some remote hill lochs this year and from what I have read so far the jimny is a pretty hard 4x4 to get bogged down and stuck. I know its limitations on tarmac but it will usually only be used for short distance on road.
I am reasonably comfortable with simple repairs like wheel bearings, discs, pads, shoes, ball joints etc so I am looking forward to getting stuck in about a car without any fancy *beep* crammed into it.
I take it you weld up the bikes yourself? I do a wee bit of welding here and there as well, got a nice 200A mig in the shed that I use for knocking up trailers, gates and some fencing. My second hobby!
Tallbike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest with you Daz, I don't weld or spray paint to the highest standard but I do enjoy it! I'm not a cyclist either, I just like the looks I get when I take it round the town! Priceless! Just been in the shed all day, started out changing the rapid-fire shifters to some simpler ones and ended up doing a complete milestone service on the bloody thing! Tipical! At least shes ready for the summer and in offroading tradition, have fitted the largest tyres possible for a sense of 'presence' whenever people see it!  Very Happy  Nine (yes 9!) footer version planned for the summer using modern BMX equipment so watch this space!  Laughing
RickyD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

good evening Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: