Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Cylinder Boring / Piston Upgrade?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r3mot3control

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:11    Post subject: Cylinder Boring / Piston Upgrade? Reply with quote

Is this possible, if so... would the result be worth it or not in regards to more power.

Perhaps I am already having piston issues and that may explain my difficulties on highways or even higher speed roads, I hate to complain but it's really ridiculous though. Uphill (it doesn't take much) , a lot of times I am forced to downshift to 3rd and go anywhere from 45-50km/hr as cars whip by in frustration... if I could just keep it in fourth and maintain enough to keep it at at least 75km/hr I would not feel so embarrassed about it. Is there anything other than an engine transplant that could help me out? I can't afford to pay someone to do it, nor have the mechanical know how to do the VW diesel engine swap myself... would love to though, but I just can't... I don't have the knowledge/financial resources.

EDIT:  It's an 88.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

r3mot3control

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

found these two things... worth it? I know someone selling you something is gonna hype it up, so I ask people that may know. I also wonder if my air intake can be upgraded in a better way for a bit of HP.

Thorley headers

cam shaft
zocko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can get your hands on an su carb, try a conversion.  itll help your performance a bit

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
JnDCustoms

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

right, i know a few things that may help you, try doing a full service on it eg, new oil, oil filter, spark plugs, cam belt, fan belt. check the brakes arent binding as that might slow you down a bit, if its not being used for wading try a K&N air filter as the air flows through them quicker, 4 branch manifold might help you a bit as itll help the exhaust gases flow quicker out of the engine, SU carb may help, itll deffinitly help full effinciency at least.

try blueprinting the inlet/ exaust gaskets that will help the airflow in and out of the engine

doing all of the above should gain you quite a bit of power...

hope this helps
custom made front bumper
mengals 15" alloy wheels
255 70 R15 XP2000 tires
Pajero front seats
Central Locking

Made in Japan, Perfected in my garage..
zocko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

if youre gonna be spending the kind of money your original post suggests, look at getting your camshaft reground by kent cams, thatll give you a 25-30 bhp boost but youll have to uprate the valve springs too.

also, lightened crankshaft/flywheel and also look at suzuki motorcycle throttle bodies instead of the standard manifold...

but alas, it all costs money Sad

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
totalloser

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than maintenance issues, I'd suggest some carb spray down the throat to clean the carb on the offchance it's gummed up.

Past that, I'd forget all the bolt on junk. Header will help a tad, but the 1.3 cam is already fairly aggressive. Go straight to a 1.6 out of a sidekick. No other (relatively easy) mods will really give you much and this is a pretty easy swap. The 8 valve drops in with an adapter plate and motor mounts. I suggest a centerforce or other "high performance" clutch. My 1.6 with a 1.3 head would slip the stock clutch.

Minor lift required to clear the pan. I modded the oil inlet to use my stock pan tho.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: