4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Transfer case Problems....Just in time for winter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki X90 Gearbox / Transmission Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D Bo Ice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40    Post subject: Transfer case Problems....Just in time for winter Reply with quote

Mad  My Gf has a 96 X90. She was having a problem, that problem being an awful noise from underneath that will go away if she puts it in 4 whl drive and only returns in 2whl drive. If she gets on a slow 5mph roll and throws it into 4, little gas, coast and back into 2whl dr., the sound stops and usually only comes back after its been parked w ignition off. I changed T case oil after a CERTIFIED mechanic told me "Its the rear bearings". I wanted to punch him in the balls afterI told him to blow me, but I didnt....Even after he said it was cool to drive in 4 whl drive on pavement. After filling the T case I noticed a crack with a slow drip... maybe 3 drops every 2hrs. Long story short, I rounded out the fill plug tonight when I went to add fluid until I get to JB weld the crack this weekend. What can I say, I have the touch. Everything I touch...BREAKS!!!
     Im looking for any help diagnosing the problem of the grinding and any info on the T case itself (part numbers, Interchangeable parts if any, links to stories like mine)
     I figure i can weld a nut on the fill plug this weekend and get it off, Hopefully without damaging the case itself but who knows...Its on there REAL GOOD. I may just weld a 3 inch extension on it and leave it on there for ease of access. I only tightened it half to 3/4 turn after hand tight 2 weeks ago. Not sure why its so damn difficult so soon after. ANY HELP,TIPS,SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

D Bo Ice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:05    Post subject: Still limping along Reply with quote

I worked on my day off to get the Fill plug out of the T case without ripping the whole thing out. In my limited time, I got the plug out with extractor and found the reason why it had become stuck. It was obvious the PO had secured the plug w loctite and I didnt get it all out when I wiped the threads clean the first time I changed the fluid. I guess it all bunched up when I reinserted and locked in. I made my own plug with a nice easy off cap after the mangled one was removed...Wont have that problem again. Im starting to believe the problem of the grinding is from front hubs not disengaging fully from 4whl dr.....Possible lubrication issue or vacuum problem. Ive never owned a 4whl dr. and am learning as I go....Hard to believe from a WV Boy. ANY OPINIONS OR INPUT ABOUT THE PROBLEM OR MY ANALYSIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki X90 Gearbox / Transmission Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: