4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Oil leak on rocker box

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BRIXHAMBOUY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 22:14    Post subject: Oil leak on rocker box Reply with quote

Hi folks my L reg JLXSE 8 valve  36,000 miles  has been SORN since mid summer , (have company car untill mach when I retire so no point in wasting road rent) Have been running it up at weekends  , has developed oil leak at back of rocker box ,have new gasket and proper gasket sealant no faith in rtv . initaly tried tightening down cover nuts whic seemed quite slack lasted short time but started to leak again , will be fitting new gaskrt in next couple of days
 QUESTION IS THERE A TORUQE VALUE FOR ROCKER BOLTS , or can overtighting distort cover
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 22:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

secret with rtv is to let it cure before you put it under pressure.....

should be ok as long as you dont go too mad on the bolts

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
BRIXHAMBOUY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:46    Post subject: Leaky Rocker Box Gasket Reply with quote

Thank you Zocko ,wishing a great 2011
I have read many of your replys on the forums and it apears that you are a most knolageable guy,
Due to xmas I have just unraped the gasket which i bought from Ebay ( Japarts of east London'ish) and they have sent a g13a gasket even though I asked for a 8valve and sent the reg L285NPU  and engine No G16A333279 I think i understand that engine No can be confusing,and I will learn more as I go along,I have Emailed supplier and waight developments it was only £3-95 + postage, Its just annoying as I could have done the work to day ( back to Work Tuesday) but only for a couple of month's as this is my year of freedom as I retire in March and then I will be able Enjoy my Vitara ( company car at present )
Is there a realy reliable parts supplier that the member's use plaese .
I may be a bit old school but I have bought Hylomar blue as it was the prefered type my late fanther  and I used, He was A hands on PHD mec engineer and I helped him build many interesting engines form Austin Seven race units for Dereck Warwick and the London To Sydney Hillman Hunters
 Opps ! im going on a bit so I'll close With thank's
  Clive Greenhalgh
zocko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can supply most parts you might need

BRIXHAMBOUY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 23:14    Post subject: oil leak Reply with quote

Thanks again , how do I purchase from you ? I asume it is not through club forums .and Im not sure about email or  Mobile No's  what is allowed  I have seen a person to person forum but have not explored it yet
zocko

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm me what you need and i can set it all up through ebay if you like?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: