Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

sj413 help needed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soon2bstuck

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:18    Post subject: sj413 help needed! Reply with quote

Cheers for reading and hope you can help! im a bit of a numpty when it come to motors but have bought the sj as a bit of a project.

i have just picked up my first sj and and i have a few questions.. firstly when in gear and moving there seems to be a screeming/grinding noise coming frome the front, maybe the gearbox?..  any ideas?

and secondly.. i was having a play to make sure the transfer box was working... all seem fine apart from being stuck in 4H! it wil change between 4h, neutral and 4L, but will not go back into 2H. any advise welcome..

i will get some pics up as soon as i get her stuck!

Cheer Rhys
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the fluid level in the front diff for the screaming noise, and as for getting it into 2h, try reversing it a few feet and trying again.

remember to have the gearbox in neutral to change it though

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
soon2bstuck

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet cheers for your time and help..

sorted the shifter problem with a bit of wd40.. looks like it had'nt been used for a while so it was all gunked up!

like i said earlier im very much a novice as far as motors go... so how do i go about checking the fluid in the front diff?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: