All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

tyne and wear new owner interested in green laning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
max hall

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:00    Post subject: tyne and wear new owner interested in green laning Reply with quote

I have just picked up a vitara, standard 1.6i swb model, only modification the stereo.

I am hoping to get a bit of green laning in and am looking for any advice/local enthusiasts that can give me any info.

firstly do i need any guards, different tyres, snorkel, cb or any other modifications to do a bit of green laning.

secondly anybody with knowledge of any green lanes known in the noerth east/northumberland.

I am not looking for hard core water to the top of the doors, racing or mud to the cills as i have been racing cars for over 20 years and now fancy something more serene and scenic.

Anybody out there?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

MacSmurf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there,

i'm not from up north but I can assist you with a few things you've asked. as for places to go green laning around your area what you could do is visit http://bing.com/maps and click on ordnance map. this is a great way to find green lanes which are clearly marked on the ordnance maps. also double check when you visit any that they are clearly posted as 'byway' (red).

as for using guards etc, I can safely say i've done all my green laning in an unmodified road-going vitara fatboy and have had no problems at all. your not going to need any guards on most, although a few can be tricky depending whether bigger 4x4's have churned up the track. just use a bit of common sense while doing it, what I do is I know my limits... if I go down a track that I am not familiar with, I tend to keep an eye out for turning points and making sure i can reverse back if need be.
Tyres again, you should be ok with road going ones unless you find yourself in the deepest of ruts! although my road tyres always got me through thick sloppy mud Smile

using a cb radio is a good idea if your going in a convoy with some mates etc... other than that, pretty useless nowadays with mobile phones Smile

1993 Vitara Fatboy
00kingi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i cant seem to find any roads neer me. im in thanet. am i doing the wrong setting? i se purple roads but there all hightways ect.

Is it legall to drive down a farmers lane, i,e off the road but next to a field?
00kingi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a good place to go budys Smile
MacSmurf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.bing.com - click on maps, and click 'ordnance survey' from the dropdown menu. This will show you all your available green lanes in your area (if any).

1993 Vitara Fatboy
RossL59

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do u go greelaning mate sm also from tyne and wear would like to do it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: