4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Suzi sj 413 restoration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brentm

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:58    Post subject: Suzi sj 413 restoration Reply with quote

I picked up my suzi today. Was running but not well and wouldnt idle at all.
Steam cleaned motor and underneath ,so I can clearly see what im working with. No major rust problems, That I can see.
Cleaned plugs, one was faulty put a temperary one in to try it .Adjusted idle screw and fired it up, running better and now idles yay. I will replace plugs, air filter,change oil and filter
fuel filter, distributor cap and flush out cooling system tommorrow, Will need to replace battery eventually too.I will try to get some pics on soon too.
I know it wont change from two wheel drive into 4 wheel drive apparently the selector bush is no good. I will have to look at that some time.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

IanL

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good going!
brentm

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:17    Post subject: Suzi sj 413 restoration Reply with quote

I replaced all plugs,distributor cap and one plug lead, but no 4 is still misfiring.the plug I took out was completely missing the metal electrode .car starts ok and revs not bad but wont idle very well unless I wind in idle screw. does this mean valves or rings may be stuffed ?. I dont have a compression tester to check compression.
IanL

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it an auto choke or manual choke carb?  Does the idle problem go away when the engine is fully warm?
brentm

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

manual choke which is not connected.no doesnt go away when warmed up.it will idle on fast idle only even when warm
IanL

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe one or both of the slow air bleeds in the carb are blocked.  You could disassemble, clean and blow with compressed air.

Have you tried downloading the Service Manual from here?
grandline05

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you able to resolve the issue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: