2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Slipping clutch under turbo boost but only sometimes gv 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Gearbox / Transmission Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon1982

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 19:29    Post subject: Slipping clutch under turbo boost but only sometimes gv 2.0 Reply with quote

So my clutch pedal has felt odd since buying it , it's got a load of slack at the top and generally feels weird but the main issue is after doing usually a quick gear change and putting the right foot down it hits the turbo boost and I get a slippage from the clutch that if I ease off stops, yet coming into a hill in say 5th and flooring it in the 2k plus revs it doesn't batt an eyelid and no slippage happens , could the slave or master not be fully disengaging straight away or some such thing ??? Many thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 19:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

IanL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you have the beginning of a worn-out clutch.  The only recent experience I have had was with my wife's 12 year old (or so) Ignis.  It came back from an annual service with a clutch slip warning, so it went back for an adjustment to the cable, but the next year it came back with the same story so I tried it out.  I could only get it to slip at high rpm on a steep hill, but slip it did.  The wife doesn't use high rpm so she didn't notice it.  I always tell her not to let the engine labour, but .....It's a 4Grip model, so a lot of dismantling to get the thing changed - the dealers invoice showed many hours, but she's a regular customer, so they knocked off a couple of hours when she complained!

I think your experience with low rpm on a hill is similar.  Even with the turbo, the torque developed at low rpm is not that high.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Gearbox / Transmission Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: