4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Suzuki X-90 -HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Bodywork & trim
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxyboy001

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 19:13    Post subject: Suzuki X-90 -HELP! Reply with quote

Hi, I'm completely new to this forum having just bought a 97 4x4 X-90. I need a bit of advice on a few bits and pieces that need replacing and would be very grateful for any help you can give me.

Firstly, is there a Suzuki model that has similar standard parts to the X-90 for things like wing mirrors, heater control switch units, indicator repeaters, window motors, etc?

Secondly, I need:
a replacement passenger side targa top,
a drivers side mirror,
both drivers side and passenger side black metal trim pieces that run all the way across the top of the door panel where the window fits in( these are rubber in all the cars I've had before),  
a heater control switch unit,
a passenger side indicator repeater cover(you know the little rectangular yellow plastic cover which sits on the passenger side front body panel) and
a passenger side window motor/regulator

I've put the details on about 5 "breaker" type websites that send requests to loads of breakers but is there anywhere else more specialized that I can go to or (going back to my first question) can I use them from a different Suzuki?

Finally, I've got slightly flared(stick out about an inch and a half from the main body) plastic looking red wheel arches. Are they standard on an X-90, were they an optional extra or are they an aftermarket part added? I need to replace the rear passenger one as it's cracked, any ideas where I can find a similar one? I would have given you photos but I've no idea how to add them!

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Regards
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 19:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

me and the wife

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, unfortunatly you are going to struggle to get the parts as the x90 is quite rare, sounds like a good base for an offroader. under the body is basically a vitara
Maxyboy001

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:33    Post subject: Thanks to "me and the wife" Reply with quote

Thanks for replying. It would be a pity to turn it into an off roader as these are the only things which have faults and its a fine looking car. No doubt I'll end up paying over the odds for the parts I need but I think it'll be worth it to keep the car on the road.

Thanks again.

Kind regards.
Maxyboy001

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:15    Post subject: X-90 parts Reply with quote

Sorry, "me and the wife", I stupidly missed the most important part of your reply. You say that underneath its basically a Vitara. Are the parts interchangeable then? Can I use Vitara parts for the engine, chassis, electrics, running gear, etc? If so that will make finding parts a million times easier. Then it's just the external body parts which are the problem.

Kind regards.
DavidS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi after seeing your post I have seen this on Ebay ....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/suzuki-X90-passenger-window-motor-/271233048618?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f26bfe02a

worth giving them a call and seeing if they have anything else to help you with.
Maxyboy001

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 20:47    Post subject: Thanks DavidS Reply with quote

I'll definitely try that thanks and cheers for responding to my post. I think I've found a Targa Top but am not counting my chickens so to speak but I need to find out whether the rear passenger wheel arch which has a separate section which looks like plastic and flares out about an inch and a half from the main body was standard or an option, or an aftermarket add on. I need a replacement and really need to narrow my search down. Any ideas?

Regards,

Max
DavidS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck with your search ... where are you in the UK?
Maxyboy001

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 21:02    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Near Washington, Tyne and Wear. The further up north you get, the less X-90s and subsequently the less scrappys that have them. It's going to be a long slog getting mine sorted. I've seen spares or repairs X-90s on eBay and they're reasonable price wise but I don't want to be destroying someone's chance of restoring an X-90 just so I could cannibalise it.

Regards,

Max
me and the wife

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, yes underneath the parts are vitara  Very Happy
me and the wife

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, yes underneath the parts are vitara  Very Happy
DavidS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

any luck with your quests?
Maxyboy001

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 20:42    Post subject: 97 X-90 Reply with quote

Sorry for delay in replying DavidS, found replacement targa top which was indeed for the passenger side. Sent to me by courier but didnt arrive. Arrived back at seller broken. Managed to salvage the locking mechanism (which was missing parts in mine) and managed to salvage the grey plastic mechanism cover, again which was damaged in mine. Sent to me by courier who managed to put 2 large cracks in the plastic cover. I got the cracks welded and have fitted the locking mechanism which works fine.
Still no joy on the driver's wing mirror.
The rear driver's side shock suddenly gave out the week before last. I'd seen a post somewhere saying that the Vitara coils fit (little bit taller but not so much to be a problem) so thinking that I was doing the right thing I replaced both driver's and passenger's side rear shocks and springs with standard shocks and Vitara springs. Now the rear passenger side sits about an 1.25 inches higher than the rear driver's side. Researching this through various forums it would appear that although the '96 X-90 had the same length rear springs, something changed on the '97 and '98 models that meant that different size rear springs were used for driver's and passenger's sides. Obviously the driver's side was longer which is why my driver's side is sitting so low. I cant find out what changed on the car to require these different length springs as apparently no other part numbers from the parts list (I havent got a parts list so I'm going off what others have researched) changed other than for either side rear springs which have different part numbers whereas the '96 model parts list has the same number for both side rear springs.
On a Vitara forum I see that to give a Vitara a 1.5 inch lift, Grand Vitara springs can be used. In the absence of any advice it is my intention to put a Grand Vitara rear spring on the rear driver's side of my X-90. I think that this will leave my rear driver's side 0.25 inches higher than my passenger side but I'm hoping that by using Grand Vitara "LWB" springs (apparently softer than the "SWB" versions) the difference will be minimised by the weight of the car itself. 0.25 inch difference if that's what I've got to live with is a lot better than the huge 1.25 inch difference I've got at the moment.
Any advice would be most appreciated.
Dixie Lee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 23:47    Post subject: X90 ROOF panel storage Reply with quote

Wondering if any one has a simple trick to storing roof panels so they don't get scratched rubbing around in the trunk. THANKS SOOO MUCH!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Bodywork & trim All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: