All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New to Suzuki vehicles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Highlandbear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:13    Post subject: New to Suzuki vehicles Reply with quote

Greeting all from Sunny Cyprus  Smile  having now retired and relocated to Cyprus, have now purchased a Suzuki Jiminy soft top foe bouncing around the endless amount of track out here Laughing  Laughing
Been "on the tools" all my life so doing the odd job not an issue , even brought some tools with me, used to have Land Rovers to run about in ,never had a Suzuki until now, suitably impressed with the little thing   Cool it was originally in the UK someone has brought it over , its a 2002 with a 1 L engine fitted and 66000 on the clock, runs like a dream, have gave it a service so all well but ......
I know it had a clutch 6 months ago ,but getting a bit of judder looking below we have an engine oil leak I suspect from rear crankshaft seal, is it just gearbox out ,clutch/flywheel off and new seal installed ? also timing belt ? no history so will assume it required done ,(have not had cover off yet for a peek) is 60000 mls be the norm?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

MartinL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
That's an interesting introduction.  I'm here tonight for the first time having just bought a GV 1.6 vvt and hoping to learn a little about it..   Strange similarities between our stories.. like you I've been driving Landrovers for years, I've had several and done a good bit of trialing too.. I'm a "hands on " type too...  I'm hoping to retire in a couple of years and I am currently trying to buy a place in Cyprus. Friends in Cyprus have told me not to bring the Landrover as spares are rare, but to find myself a Japanese 4x4, hence the GV, and being a 3 door its smaller that my FL2.  I hope I get to love the GV just as much, and hopefully it'll be over on Cyprus with me in the near future..   We are buying in Polemi..

Martin
Highlandbear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Welcome to the forum, actually you can get Land Rover parts no problem there are various motor factors here for aftermarket spares there are also main Land Rover dealers, quite a few Land Rovers in various guises here but your friends are correct majority of 4x4 are Japanese primarily Mitshibishi, be aware the cost of importing a vehicle is astronomically high !!! especially if it not a young vehicle and has a larger engine , there is a spreadsheet from Cyprus government you enter all the details and it tells you duty due , the paper trail to do it is a bit of a nause especially if you do not know where all the various offices are situated, but there are companies that will ship your stuff plus vehicle across and do all the running about for you , I personally recommend RSS Logistics, but after saying all that cars really keep their price here nearly double from UK prices, so just need to do your sums.
There are loads of tracks etc here and you can drive anywhere plus a few 4x4 clubs which is a great way to meet like minded people.
Should not have too much trouble buying here there are loads for sale all over .
If I can be of any help give me a shout  wave  wave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: