All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Suzuki SJ with Opel manta 1.8s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 13:55    Post subject: Suzuki SJ with Opel manta 1.8s Reply with quote

Hi guys, about 20 years ago my dad and I built a trials SJ and fitted a 1.8 Opel manta engine and 5 speed gearbox.
What a machine! We ran it in the SCOR trials for a season and did very respectfully with out too many mishaps.
It has a full on chassis mounted roll cage that's was custom built for us by maniflow (the exhaust people) out of solid drawn stainless and powder coated.
After being stood for the best part of 18years! Outside my mums front door under a cover I decided to dig it out and make an attempt to either do something with it or sell it to someone who might want a project (a big project!)
I was frankly surprised at how well it's stood up to 18years of neglect, so I found some fuel, and a battery and set about seeing if she had any life in her.
An hour later after carefully hand cranking the motor over wetting up the fuel pump and cleaning out the carb she started and purred like a kitten. Clutch not frozen, transfer box free, all the gears there and moved backwards and forwards under her own steam.
I'm about to put it on eBay but before I do and get stupid questions about "can I drive it home?!" I thought I'd put it on an enthusiasts site to see if someone who knows what they are talking about might like it 1st.
I can provide pics,  detailed answers to any questions about the build and even a short vid of her running and moving.
Essentially she was a salvaged body and mechanicals and hours and hours of labour with a 1st class roll cage, Ricardo seats and 3 point harnesses, so she was never intended for the road. It has no documents whatsoever and no reg number.
And requires an extensive sort out!
Regards Paul
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 13:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: