2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Suzuki X-90 with 39.5" tires

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki X90 modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgt2u

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 19:43    Post subject: Suzuki X-90 with 39.5" tires Reply with quote

I have a Suzuki X-90, and am currently running 35" tires with the stock 4.625 ring and pinions. Obviously, I have next to no acceleration. I do not have the money to invest in the extremely hard to find, and very expensive 5.7-5.8 gears. I also am going to be putting on 39.5" tires on it soon. This got me to thinking. Can I just drive around (on the street) in 4wd low, and either remove the front drive shaft, or install manual locking hubs, and drive with them unlocked, with the front driveshaft in? The low ratio in the transfer case is 1.82:1. According to my calculations, with the 39.5" tires, while driving in 4wd low, my RPM's would be just a little over what the car is from the factory. This way, I do not have to purchase any ring and pinions gears. So my question is: Are my gearing calculations corrects, and will it work, and will it hurt anything driving around in 4wd low with the hubs unlocked, or the front driveshaft removed? Also, how do you post pictures on here? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 1
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 19:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki X90 modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: