4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1996 Suzuki Jimny "wandering and erratic" steering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azroxx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:23    Post subject: 1996 Suzuki Jimny "wandering and erratic" steering Reply with quote

My Jimny has a mind of it's own when driving. It will follow ruts or depressions or if on a smooth road it will dart this way and that way creating a very tiresome driving experience.
I have changed shocks and all seems tight under the Jimny with wheels off the gound and on the ground. I have no wobble in the steering wheel at any speeds, just the back and forth random lane changes while the steering wheel stays solid in my hands with very little play.
There are 235R15/70 tires all around in nearly new shape. No issues with the tires. The Jimny was recently aligned by the Suzuki dealer and new tie rod ends put on at my request, all of which did nothing to correct the problem.
Anyone else having the same issues?
I am looking at a steering dampener kit from JimnyBits in England and the shipping is crazy to Philippines.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

scooby2112

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar  problem. It turned out to be a broken stabiliser link.hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: