2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Advice needed about wheels, please Now with edits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrylechat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 20:18    Post subject: Advice needed about wheels, please Now with edits Reply with quote

Hi,

I have two questions, please: I need to sell a full set of wheels from my brother-in-law's Samurai because he sold it with off road wheels and tyres.  The original wheels are in good condition with an almost new set of Bridgestones but nobody seems interested in them.  I'm wondering if it's because not many Samurai were sold here (France).  I have readvertised as Samurai/Jimny which I'm 99% sure is ok but I wondered if these wheels would fit any other Suzies?  They were off a 1999 car and I seem to remember that years ago a friend of ours borrowed them to pass an MOT on a Vitara because he had huge off-road tyres for farming use.  Anyway if anyone can tell me which other cars, if any,  the wheels would fit I'd be really grateful.

Second question, I've recently bought a 2012 SX4 as a compromise between what I wanted (a proper 4x4) and no 4x4 at all for winter.  I've been offered a full set of alloys from a new model SX4 Cross which have the same stud pattern and 17" tryes with a lower profile than the 16" standard alloys that came with the car.  What I'd like to do is to put winter tyres on the 16" wheels and regular tyres on the 17".  My local Suzuki garage is frankly not very clued up so can anyone tell me if the newer wheels will be compatible.  Also I usually buy Michelin Alpin winter tyres but maybe there are other brands that would be better in 4WD on snow?  Not off-roading, just on normal roads for winter use.

I hope it's ok to post all this on my first day: if not I hope you'll excuse a newbie for his presumption!  Wink

Thanks!

PS Here's a follow up

I popped the old Samurai wheels and tyres on the free online small ads and a guy came from 400 miles away to buy them for 150 quid.  The wheels are going to accompany his Jimny to start a new life in Madagascar where the roads are famously awful so he's taking several complete sets of replacements and shipping the whole lot, car included,  in  a container for a fixed fee.

I've bought a set of Bridgestone Blizzak winter tyres from the same small ads.  They've only done about 5000 miles on a Merc CLK last skiing holiday and cost me 75 quid for four which seemed very cheap as they look new

Fingers crossed that the 17" SX4 wheels will be ok because I've bought those too.  A full set of new model alloys with two good Continental summer tryes and two in need of changing for 125 pounds; seemed too good to pass up but perhaps I'm wrong?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 20:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: