4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

just like to say thankyou

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgeriley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 17:54    Post subject: just like to say thankyou Reply with quote

Well ive asked 2 questions on here just 2 both had in the region of 20 views but no answers well thanks for your time and all your help..what a waste of time this forum is
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 17:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

MikeFrinton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:35    Post subject: Disappointing level of activity on the forum. Keep trying ! Reply with quote

Hi George ! Sorry to hear your requests for help seem to have been a waste of time so far. I am another "newbie" and my own experiences on the forum have unfortunately been similar- it is disappointing to discover such a low level of activity on this 4x4 "club" when we both feel sure there are still plenty of Susuki enthusiasts around with interesting things to say, problems to solve, and helpful information to pass on. So, I urge you, please let's stick with and then hopefully we might be able to liven up some discussion (even if there are only a few of us around at the moment). For example, having spent a lot of time trying to gain information about high level stop lights on the Vitara 4u2 1999 I am now in a position to add some comments and advice for a solution that might be helpful to other owners - I just need to search out the best place to submit a post.  Best of luck solving your problems. Regards, Mike
denbo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think that's a bit rich. You come on here looking for help, so you don't have to spend any money with a mechanic. When you don't get a silver bullet you moan. I try to help if I can, but like most on here I don't know everything nor do we have a crystal ball. I give my time for FREE to help those in need. I don't know what you do for a living but I bet you don't do it for free. Buy a wiring diagram and work through it like most people would do, and don't blame us for your tightness.
denbo
MikeFrinton

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 16:44    Post subject: Let's try to help each other and not loose our tempers ! Reply with quote

Hi Denbo ! It's good to see someone joining in with the conversation. I am not sure whether your comments might be in response to my August 06 post or if they were mainly in answer to the original sarcastic comments posted by Georgeriley in July 2014 when he was obviously having a bad day! If it was me, then I fear you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say and unfairly judged my true outlook on these things and my unwillingness to pay mechanics ? Yes, I mentioned my own disappointment that the level of activity on the forum has turned out to be much lower than I had initially hoped and expected but my wording 6th August was mainly in the hope of trying to persuade Georgeriley to stick with it rather than just run away.
Enthusiasts on the forum need to stick together and not loose their temper.

I can also completely understand your own point of view Denbo and it is great that you help when you are able. In my own example, I had actually spent a fair amount of money at a garage bringing my 1999 Vitara up to scratch and I normally always use mechanics rather than do jobs myself. Garage staff had helpfully tried to obtain a replacement Vitara 1999 spoiler brake light but then gave up because "they are no longer manufactured". Yes, I actually located and purchased a wiring diagram and then I traced the fault myself. I eventually found a good low cost solution - on Ebay I found an excellent replacement LED flexible strip online for £3 and I fitted it into the original unit. Someone else on the forum had gone to the trouble of replacing every individual LED bulb only to find that his brake-light unit still didn't work.  

I have actually posted my solution on the Suzuki 4x4 Club website simply in an effort to help other members who might experience the same stoplight problem and need an answer.

Perhaps we should  all be a bit more patient with each other without immediately going off the deep end and jumping to the wrong conclusions. Let's try to help others whenever we can. Members may be few in number but please let's encourage like-minded enthusiasts (both experts and inexperienced non-practical minded drivers) to join the club, share their views and to stay with it. Professional mechanics, garages and even Suzuki main dealerships can't or do not always want to always come up with answers for people with old cars and, in that situation, we are forced to solve problems as best we can.

Best regards to everyone, Mikel
denbo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Mike it wasn,t meant for you. I think you knew that, but it really irks me sometimes. I run a small garage and to keep up I have to invest a lot of time and money. I don't have a lot of spare time to spend on a forum, but I like to help if possible and time permitting. When I get stuck I don't always have the backup of a forum, so it costs me to download a wiring diagram say. Then someone comes on and wants me to give it to them for free. I will help them but not mend it for them. If they come on like yourself and show a little bit of work has been done then ok but silver bullet hunters NO.
denbo
DavidS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I read a lot of the input and questions here and make comments when i can. I will read questions but can't answer them if I don't have a clue.

There is a lot of knowledge out there. but not always accessible all the time.
Look, search, ask, try, learn and become more knowledgeable.

If I have a problem I will google and also ask, but if I don't get a response then I assume people just don't know.

I have a manual which I purchased online and use that. Then if really stuck I will go to a garage.

Also I feel, there seems to be more posts these days on the Facebook page than here,
But what ever communication method is used patience is needed.

David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: