All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

flashing light on vitara heater control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
desulph

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 14:46    Post subject: flashing light on vitara heater control Reply with quote

Hi, My heating is working fine, but on the actual fan speed adjust knob the 'air from outside' light keeps flashing. Even when I press it, it stops for a while then starts flashing again. Thanks in advance. Grand vitara XEC 2007
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 14:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

effpeegee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi desulph,

The flashing indicates a system problem in the air conditioning area.  To get the error code you can plug in a diagnostic device (e.g. a SUZUKI scan tool) or you can perform a check manually by hitting the heater/AC buttons in a special order - which results in a readout of the error code using short and long flashes on the REC and FRE buttons - it took me a couple of days to figure out how to do it but the manual method works.  The error code tells you what is wrong.  For me, in the end, the AC just required a gas recharge.  You can also remove the old codes using the process and the flashing will stop, until the HVAC system decides it needs to tell you about the problem again - which may be immediately.

I have a PDF of the technical Diagnostic Information and Procedures (Air Conditioning) which contains the codes and how to get them.

Here's a couple of docs you will find useful.
w w w .tupenny . net/suzuki/2006%20HVAC%20DTC%20Check[1].pdf
w w w .tupenny . net/suzuki/ACExplodedView.pdf
w w w .tupenny . net/suzuki/SuzukiHVACFailureSimpleInstructions.pdf

The first doc is the technical document. The third doc is the most useful one - I wrote it for the mechanics based on my understanding of the technical document.   I hope the URLs post on in this forum.  PM me if you can't get the doc and I will email it to you.   I just surfed around the net until I found these - I don't think they're on general release

I had a 2006 GV which I just changed to a 2010 GV [and the heating system looks different], so I only have these docs left - and I'm not an expert or mechanic, but I hope this helps.

Effpeegee
effpeegee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 13:36    Post subject: flashing light on vitara heater control Reply with quote

Note:   To get the documents, take all the spaces out of the website name - up until .../Suzuki

effpeegee
desulph

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the reply. Im glad its only that. I'll have a look into it and get it sorted.
effpeegee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 19:30    Post subject: flashing light on vitara heater control Reply with quote

No problem. I'm just glad someone else can use the knowledge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: