4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Thinking of coming over !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Louis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:33    Post subject: Thinking of coming over !! Reply with quote

Hello one and all, after some exceptionally happy years driving my much loved Land Rover Defender 90 'Blue Louis' and some other sensible normal road cars we are now planning to make the big change and only have one sensible car between the 2 of us!

My reason for intending to say a very sad farewell to the 90 is that with ever spreading osteoarthritis in my back, pelvis and legs I am finding it increasingly difficult (impossible at times) to climb up into him, but we must have a 4x4 which is capable of being used sensibly off road at times.

I have been thinking of buying a low mileage up to 6 year old Grand Vitara which must be fitted with the diesel engine, but I haven't got the foggiest idea what make of engine is fitted.

I know in years gone past Suzuki used the 1.9 Peugeot/Citroen indirect injection unit but what is being used now?

Many thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Skipper Jolly
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:53    Post subject: Leave the 'Dark Side' and come on over! Reply with quote

Welcome to the club and I am sure you won't regret it! I can't help on the engine details as I have a '91 Santana SJ but wanted to say 'Hi' anyway Very Happy
Skipper Jolly
Blue Louis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discovered yesterday that the diesel engines fitted to them these days are all Renault units which is a big problem for me as although the mechanicals are as strong as you can find them the electronics with anything to do with Renault is a serious NO NO.

When you read anything good/bad/ugly about these otherwise excellent Vitara's it is always appears to be to do with the electronic management controls of the engines.

I am currently a caravan site owner in France and have lost count how many Nissan Pathfinders and Renault products themselves that arrive here have engine management control malfunctions all of which have been very to exceptionally expensive to repair, one in actual fact needing to a totally new wiring loom to be fitted.

I am sorry, but for me as Renault is a NO NO, then it looks like I won't be going for a Grand Vitara after all.

This was a short stop on this site.

All the very best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: