All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1998 G16A High revs and bad fuel consumption

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sayrefoxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 14:22    Post subject: 1998 G16A High revs and bad fuel consumption Reply with quote

Hi there, this is my first time here

ive had my Vitara about 2 years now, its got 105,000 miles on it

a week ago returning from london it used a full tank on the trip which is alot considering the normal is less than a quater of a tank, the next day i noticed it was reving at around 2000 rpm during warmup (normally around 1500 with choke) and that it took a while to get up to tempurature, once reaching tempriture the revs when back to normal idle of around 800rpm.

i found a vacuum hose on the back left hand side of the engine disconected from both ends and hanging and so far have not found any point which it could have come from, another issue is that as it approces warmup it now starts to rev from 1200rpm to 1700 rpm and then go back to 1200rpm before reving up again

i am very fond o this car and im hoping that its not too serious and relitivly cheap to fix

i hope you can help

Thank you
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 14:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

denbo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the symptoms are for a air leak. Find out where those vac pipes go and make good. If your not sure, take it to a garage, its got to be cheaper than wasting fuel.
Denbo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: