All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Loud clunking noise when wheel bouncing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:02    Post subject: Loud clunking noise when wheel bouncing Reply with quote

Hi,

My 93 1.6 8v vitara has developed a loud clunk from what appears to be the front drivers side wheel area, which can be felt through the steering wheel.

It only happens when the wheel is bouncing on the floor looking for traction.

I never noticed it prior to putting in the 1.5 B4V spring spacers to the standard springs, at least i think they are standard springs, as the previous owner stated they were, but i have worked it harder since fitting, but still i would have thought i would have heard it before that.

I did notice though that when i fitted the spacer on that spring, it didnt drop down enough to allow the spring to drop out, and even after the circlip was removed and the hub pulled out, it was still very tight whilst all the other springs almost fell out.
There is no way a GV spring will fit in that space without compressing the spring.

Seeing as it didnt drop far enough on this wheel, could it be catching on something when on full droop?

Just incase these are not standard springs that are fitted, how many coils and what is the height of the standard spring?

Cheers

Phil
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Durx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible for anything on the strut assembly to catch any fixed part of the steering under heavy load, as the clunk can be felt through the steering wheel.
Would the CV make such a deep clunk?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: