All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

vit wont start after key cut.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bosnian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 22:36    Post subject: vit wont start after key cut. Reply with quote

Evening all.I have 1.6 16v 1997/8 vit and she is going to be the death of me.Having sorted one prob (pinned on forum) I now face a more serious problem.My main key(transponder type) has become damaged so that it wont enter the ignition.Had a new untranspondered key cut and all hunky dory at first.The car started with the new key as I assumed that the old key was still sending the signal to the Immo.However,now the CEL comes on the dash and flashes constantly and the car wont start.I have tried to have a new key cut with the transponder in but was told that they need to copy the code and it is not showing any code present.My question is how is this possible if it started before on the new key.Please please help as my wife is now talking about breaking her and selling bits.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 22:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

denbo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont you order one from main dealers?
bosnian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Denbo
Thankls for the reply.I ran my local dealer and they said they need the car which is a bit of a problem as I cant start it.I am going to ask if they can cut/programme from the vin/chasis number.Hopefully they will and that will cure my problem.Will keep posted with results.Once again thanks.
me and the wife

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

grow a pair and tell your wife to do one, then tow the car to main dealer or get an auto electrition to look at it  Twisted Evil
bosnian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done that and they are big and hairy.Got auto electrician round and he managed to retrieve the datastream from the supposed fu....transponder.All up and running and hopefully will mt the big hairy ones tonight Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
me and the wife

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: