4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Suspension lift advise and help please????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexd333

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 19:39    Post subject: Suspension lift advise and help please???? Reply with quote

Hi to all on this forum, been nosing around for a few hours now and there is some cool stuff on here.

A bit of a dark area for me seems to be doing a suspension lift on the vitara's (1.6 1998)

some people say wack on the "spacers" and away you go, and a few people say camber changes a little, and a few say that you need new suspension??

Im soon to be getting a dirty offroader vitara, its already got chunky offroad tyres on it, but currently no lift. Wanting to use the 4x4 for places like devils pit im pretty sure im going to need a lift done????

Any advise, help, costs, places to get it done ect or anyone who would lend a hand would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all!

Alex
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 19:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

me and the wife

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing i would do is fit a sj front axle, it is a bit of work but well worth it. where ru and what do u do  Very Happy
Alexd333

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,  I work at Chiswick Honda on motorbike service desk. If u need anything let me know and ill see what I can do. I live northolt area next to a40.

I do plan to use this for offroad, v heavy offroading at that. I used to have a frontera with a 2" lift and even that struggled on occasion.  Why did you mention changing the front axle?? Whats the difference?

Lastly do you know if its poss just to add the lift spacers and nothing else??

Thanks

Alex
me and the wife

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunatly the weakest part on the vit is the ally front axle and it  also has limited flex at the front because it uses wishbones so u can romove all the front suspension components and mount a sj axle on leaf springs. google video andrew jeffries then click on the defender pic and u will see my old vit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: