All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

body panels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmy30013795

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 18:01    Post subject: body panels Reply with quote

hello guys restoring my 1989 413 samurai and was just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere i can replacement panels for my jeep

thanks
James
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 18:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Skipper Jolly
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 18:24    Post subject: SJ413 Panels Reply with quote

I don't know if you're still looking but apart from complete front wings ( www.panelsandlamps.co.uk )  I found (and bought a lot from) www.autoblechteile.de in Germany (they take UK debit cards and write good English!) and you could always try www.extremebends.com in Canada.
I had to buy a front bumper from the USA at a high price but that paled into insignificance alongside the freight charge and then I got stuffed for Import Duty into the UK as well!
Good Luck whatever happens!
jimmy30013795

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello there thanks for your reply can I just ask if the panels you brought from germany where original and how well did they fit

cheers

James
Skipper Jolly
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 21:32    Post subject: German body panels Reply with quote

Hi James
I bought two sets of sills for each side and a boot floor pan. I am fairly sure they are not OEM but they do it pretty well.
My SJ is a Long wheel-base and the sills are not available. I elected to buy two sets for each side so that the welder could cut them in two and make one long one for each side.
Similarly the boot floor has had to be cut and used to patch the floor rather than replace it in one section; however the welder is happy that it is pretty 'true' to the original.
Where the Germans get them from is beyond me.
The two front wings are complete including Inner wings, Headlamp mounts and all sorts of other bits (I think it even includes washer bottle mount); whilst expensive they have saved the welding guy loads of time and so worked out cheaper in the long run.
I'm away for a couple of weeks but could possibly post some photos of what is going on with the panels when I get back (if it's necessary?).
Please let me know
Best (and Happy New Year by the way!)
Jolyon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: