All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

su carb problem - fuel restriction?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wishmasteruk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 17:49    Post subject: su carb problem - fuel restriction? Reply with quote

hi i fitted and su carb witch was running fine up until the last time i went out, on the way home it seems to be loosing power up until it completely cut out, i found a couple of things that mite be the problem but would like some suggestions or other thing i need to check, iv changed the spark plugs as the old ones where carbon up, i found that the breather on the tank was mudded up (now cleaned) and i have noticed 3 nice dents in my fuel tank could this be the course?, it seems to start fine after the fuel has filled up in the su and runs fine on idle , soon as i take it out it cuts out at around the same point then takes ages to start, its as if it using the fuel in the su but cant fill the su up quick enuff to run, i took off the fuel line to the su and there was quite alot of pressure there?? is that normal, i put the fuel line into a fuel container and turned over the engine and it seems to be pumping fuel ok, so im open to suggestions.

cheers

jon
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 17:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mickybruff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 14:03    Post subject: su carb Reply with quote

Hi Jon check you have oil in your dash pot also it may pay to check the diaphragm it may be holed or split. Hope this helps.
Regards Micky bruff
wishmasteruk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:10    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

thanks for you reply i think you could be on to something by diaphragm do you mean the float at the bottom of the carb??
mickybruff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:55    Post subject: su carb Reply with quote

Hi Jon on the top of carb there is a dome with a black plastic screw in plug,screw the plug out and put a few drops of engine oil in the pug has a plunger connected to it, but before you do that the dome is held by 3 or 4 screws take them out lift off the dome and the diaphragm is there, any doubts like if its soft and floppy change it, don't forget the oil when back to gether
hope this helps.
Regards Mickybruff
wishmasteruk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 23:19    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

cheers for the reply micky, it has oil in the top but i don't think it has a diaphragm its a hif44 if that helps

i have changed the inlet fuel line to clear and seem to be getting small bubbles of air passing though, so i thinking the fuel line maybe corroded or something or is this normal?, i don't have any fuel leaks anywhere , its running and when it cuts out there in no fuel in the line to carb from the pump (its not pump as i changed the pump with same problem) but there is still fuel in the inlet from tank to pump, when i turn it over the fuel is bouncing up and down as if i have an air lock or something any ideas?.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: