4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Suzuki Jimny misfire

View previous topic :: View next topic  
norfolkboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:59    Post subject: Suzuki Jimny misfire Reply with quote

Hi. I own a 2005 Suzuki Jimny 1300 petrol . For the past few weeks the engine has been running rough as though misfiring. When cold it starts fine and no misfire but within about 3 miles, especially if driving at a higher speed, the engine starts to misfire. It tends to happen whenever i ease off the accelerator and then try to accelerate again. The engine temperature remains normal and constant but the exhaust gets very hot. The catalytic convertor will glow red if I keep driving. Im guessing the hot cat is down to fuel burning in the cat.  As soon as a stop for about an hour and allow the vehicle to cool it starts again with no misfire. In order to try and sort the problem I have replaced the cat, the old one had been repaired (welded) by previous owner. Ive also changed the crank sensor. A new cat made no difference but changing the crank sensor did seem to work for approx 120 miles. The problem is back again. Any ideas as to the cause of the problem. The misfire seemed to start when we had the spell of wet weather - lots of deep surface water/mud etc. Would a faulty O2 sensor cause this type of problem or is it most likely a crank or cam sensor issue. The local garage has plugged the Jimny into a diagnostics machine but no error codes are shown. Couldnt get the fault to occur in the workshop but once I took it out on the road and gave it some welly it did it again. Thank you
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

denbo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of scanner was used? If its not putting the eml on, it wont show a code with a cheap eobd scanner. It seems you are playing parts darts with this vehicle, and that can become expensive. Think of the money you have wasted already!!!! Get it to a good tec and get it repaired before you ruin a perfectly good cat. Get them to check the coil etc, if they cant check it without replacing, take it to someone who can.
Dennis
norfolkboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent got a clue what scanner the mechanic used. The cat was in need of replacement anyway. It had been repaired where it had rusted through but there was also another hole so it wasnt money wasted. Got the crank sensor having viewed other forums, all stating that crank sensor was a common problem. Need to find someone with a better scanner to carry out a test. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: