4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Towbar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 19:08    Post subject: Towbar Reply with quote

I have just bought a lovely '04 Jimny and need a towbar for it (at sensible money).  Does anyone have one for sale?

Please call 07754 895267 (S. Lincs).
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 19:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Maximos Wales

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 0:00    Post subject: towbar Reply with quote

Hi mate, Listen, a bit of advice from a guy who tows on a regular basis.
Not only are these Towbars on GV few and far between second hand, DONT BUY ONE. It's not worth it and Ill tell you why.
I just recently bought a new Whitter towbar off ebay for my 99' GV LWB 2.0Tdi. I only ever buy the best because as a motor trader I tow my cars home and need something I know to be strong.
On fitting it I noticed it is held on ONLY by four pathetic bolts that screw into rusty pre self tapped holes in the GV from the factory. Not only did 2 of mine strip the threds from the car but if you ever take them off and old one and get the old bolts, it is suicide relying on them to hold.

I welded mine to the car also as there was no way I was relying on them 4 bolts in them *beep* holes.

Everyone wants £50-80 second hand and you can by a new one for that. But take my advice that buying second hand in this case does not pay off. Your better off putting the extra £20 in and having a nice new shinny tow bar sent to your door.

This is the one off ebay I bought just so you know. They are all the same design; your only choosing build company.

But I noticed this one just now for you and its only £90. Thats £13 cheaper than my one for the same package. Great like, just after I ordered mine.

Choose that second item number mate and you will be better off.

Also, just as another thought. I dont know what your towing, but anything you tow is heavy and at speed. It's of no danger to you, but if that second hand bolt came off and the towbar failed, the driver and passengers behind you will pay the price. Ok dont think will they live or die, maybe noone will get hurt. BUT, there goes your licence, all over £20.

Anyway, buy a whitter mate. They are the best make, for the cheapest money.

Happy trails
Maximos Wales

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 0:14    Post subject: towbar Reply with quote

get the more expensive one mate. I know its £103 but they are better established. I called them with my debit card as I dont have paypal. They were good guys
Maximos Wales

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 0:18    Post subject: towbar Reply with quote

oh, and weld it onto the car too mate. Your holes must be rusted alot like mine but I dont have faith in just them holes and 4 bolts, so if you can, just do it for same measure.
Oldman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice fellers, I shall only be towing a small trailer but I will take on board what you say about welding it on.

Nev.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: