All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

X-90 clunk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki X90 Gearbox / Transmission Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heef

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:10    Post subject: X-90 clunk Reply with quote

I pick up my new project in three days. On the test drive, shifting from 2W to 4W, it rolls along fine for a short period ( I think it is still in 2W), then I get a big clunk. It feels like it finally made into 4W after the clunk and rolls down the road jut fine.

It had been sitting for a while before the test drive. There was less of a clunk the second time. No clunk at all the third time. I'm hoping it was just a little stiff from sitting and will never be an issue.

But...anyone with any concerns regarding this mystery clunk in my new clunker? Any advise?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

me and the wife

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

just strip down the front hubs and give them a service when you get it home, you can bet they have never been touched  Very Happy
Heef

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you're right. It's a nice day here, I was going to pull off the front wheels today's and look  at the brakes, this would be a good time to open up those front hubs!

Good idea, I will let you know what I find, thanks.

Hey how do I add pictures of my new/old 4wheeler? Do I just need to hang around a while and make some posts to prove I'm not robot spam machine before I get to do that?

Thanx again

Heef
me and the wife

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats right, you will need to upload ur pics to photobucket or similar  Very Happy
Heef

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, bad news.

Good new.  The front hubs look good, repacked them anyway. All the boots look good. Some surface rust under there, but everything looked strong and stable. Yay!

Bad news. The front still clunks big and bad in 4 wheel drive. Worse is a slow tight turn. Big clunk with each rotation. I'm thinking there is bad news inside one (or more) of those pretty boots. Whether CV or universal ( not sure what's under there yet) but something is upset about sitting all summer.

New adventure coming soon. I keep you updated.

Heef
me and the wife

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

were you driving on a road? if so the clunk is normal it is the transmision unwinding which is why you should only use 4wd in slippy conditions Very Happy
Heef

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I sure was. Will do, thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki X90 Gearbox / Transmission Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: