Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Steering Rattle/Judder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baldbug

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:28    Post subject: Steering Rattle/Judder Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I purchased a new Jimny about 6 weeks ago.

I've noticed when driving the Jimny on sealed roads when there variations, small bumps the steering judders and shudders. This is particularly unnerving at highway speed limit of 110 kph. On the Initial Service the dealer said this is normal, but it feels anything but normal to me. Do all other Jimny's have this "Normal" steering?

regards
Rod
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

2old2tired2scared
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

110kph am I correct, thats over 60mph?
If so then yup,sounds "normal" to me. I have done a few 70mph runs in mine but she's not happy with it! The weight is all at the front of a jimny- there isnt really much back on them, its like a two-wheeler with training wheels Very Happy . Ease off & enjoy the scenery as you go along & gloat about how good a Jimny is at other stuff like mud  or snow.
Seriously though, dont listen to me (anyone on here will tell you THAT!). It sounds odd so if I were you I'd test drive another one to see what that feels like!
Baldbug

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

2old2tired2scared wrote:
110kph am I correct, thats over 60mph?
If so then yup,sounds "normal" to me. I have done a few 70mph runs in mine but she's not happy with it! The weight is all at the front of a jimny- there isnt really much back on them, its like a two-wheeler with training wheels Very Happy . Ease off & enjoy the scenery as you go along & gloat about how good a Jimny is at other stuff like mud  or snow.
Seriously though, dont listen to me (anyone on here will tell you THAT!). It sounds odd so if I were you I'd test drive another one to see what that feels like!

Thanks for the info. I'm only doing the 110kph on the Highway 1 down here. My son lives 100kms away so its a run to him to pick him to go fishing and a run home back the 100km or so. Highway 1 is fairly flat and mostly good sealed road but all other roads are winding, hilly and a lot of highland roads are gravel roads.

I reduced the tyre pressure from 38lbs to 29lbs and this made a significant difference to overall less bumpiness of the Jimny.

regards
Rod
2old2tired2scared
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey! Good move, Im running mine with 26f/28r to carry a little extra weight(feed,fencing) but it should be 24/26 so whoever set yours up before you bought it was accustomed to rather larger tyres than this  Laughing  Laughing
Hope she feels as good as you hoped now, Id rather fancy a Jimny on gravel roads but I might get a cushion for the passenger to sit on- the ride can be a mite "hard"!!
Oops, & rather belatedly.....welcome to the forum, be sure to keep in touch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: