All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My fist samurai

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyny8807

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:26    Post subject: My fist samurai Reply with quote

This is my first samurai. It a 1987. Runs pretty well. I have jus a few questions. First It idles high sometimes. And I'v heard their kno for vacuum line prob. I kno there's a weber kit to eliminate a lot of the lines. But I was wondering can you eliminate lines on the stock carb. Can anyone help me? And mine needs a new clutch cable. Is this pretty easy fix. I don't have much mechanical experience. But I ain't stupid. It looks like I might could do it
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

4x4edd

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines running SU carb at the moment and would say whats the way forward if you can get the manifold. was bit high on idle but easy adjustment. not sure if i should say this but check Difflock forum, they have been excellent on any question I've asked, and very quick too. sorry i couldn't be of any more help.
Solitude

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 0:46    Post subject: Re: My fist samurai Reply with quote

Kyny8807 wrote:
This is my first samurai. It a 1987. Runs pretty well. I have jus a few questions. First It idles high sometimes. And I'v heard their kno for vacuum line prob. I kno there's a weber kit to eliminate a lot of the lines. But I was wondering can you eliminate lines on the stock carb. Can anyone help me? And mine needs a new clutch cable. Is this pretty easy fix. I don't have much mechanical experience. But I ain't stupid. It looks like I might could do it

Man!  I so relate!  I just bought my first samurai thinking this was going to be a gas saver as well as something really fun to drive.  As it turns out, it's got some really bad oil leak, so bad that Sears couldn't tell where it was coming from.  I bought an '88 Samurai with only 95k miles on it, great body (it was undercoated), and brand new tires.  It got me home on the 70 mile trip I had to drive, but by it continued to leak all over my garage, and the next time I checked the oil, it wasn't even showing on the stick.  I think I have a great start to a wonderful off road project that I'm really excited about, but am looking for someone in the Kansas City area to talk to about the best approaches to restorning this, and making it not just a great off road vehicle, but a great daily driver.  Any takers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: