2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Vitara Soft Top

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Other Suzuki queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Velocitrobe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 20:10    Post subject: Vitara Soft Top Reply with quote

Hello.  I do not yet own a Vitara.  I've been thinking for a while about getting a cheap soft top to use just in the summer.  I have now started looking on Autotrader and ebay though I would NEVER buy a vehicle without seeing it first.  I have a few friends in the motor trade and I told them to keep a look out for a cheap Vitara.  After speaking to them, I now realise that there are quite a few Vitara models.  I want a soft top.  I like the ones with the small wheel arch extensions and the big alloy wheels.  I know I do not like the Fat Boy model (no offence to Fat Boy owners).  

Please would you confirm that it's the JX Sport model I'm looking for please anyone?

Many Thanks  Confused
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 20:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dely

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have a jlx which I think is a wideboy bigger arches and tyres than standard but not as wide as a fatboy,also the soft top takes a long time to take off Shocked
Velocitrobe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dely.  Many thanks for the reply.  I just want a soft top for the sunny days (if we ever get any).  It won't be my main car. Very Happy
Velocitrobe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dely again.  I forgot to ask:  What size wheels are on the sport and what size are on the Fat Boy? Rolling Eyes
dely

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I don't no on mine it has 225/70/15 which are wide enough it tramlines quite a bit, fatboys are a lot wider and more expensive Shocked. If you can leave the roof off and use it if the sun comes out they are much more fun Very Happy  Don't expect too much comfort and refinement though Laughing
Velocitrobe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dely.  Thanks for the reply.  I drove one a few years ago and I agree that the ride and comfort are not the best.  To be honest, I'd prefer an MX5 but they're more expensive to buy and insure.  I'm not expecting too much from one.  Just a bit of fun.
dely

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get mx5's cheap and they drive well, rust well too Sad different animals really rather have both one for winter one for summer but practically a vit is better.
Velocitrobe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dely.   Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Other Suzuki queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: