4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

31" tyres, no body lift, no suspension lift !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Low Down And Dirty
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 19:57    Post subject: 31" tyres, no body lift, no suspension lift ! Reply with quote

Not been on here for a while, and not touched the Suzuki for abou the same length of time due to having other projects to finish but the last couple of weeks I have been busy with her, and got a bit more to do over the coming weeks/months.

I decided that I wanted to keep the original ride height of the car as to not effect the geometry of the front suspension, no matter if you change the wishbones after a lift on the independent fronts it's not running right, and then you have to lower the diff so there was no point in doing the lift in the first place, and the wheel base is so short that a lift isn't really going to improve the vehicle to much anyway. But I did want improved ground clearance, so I went about fitting 31" tyres with a grinder and a welder and as a result I have a Vitara running 31's with no suspension alterations and NOT a bit of rubbing from the tyres.

I cut out the rear arches, rebuilt the inner arch and welded a new outer arch right back to the inner arch so there's nowhere for the mud to get into, pretty much did the same to the front arches.

Any one think my welder might be a bit over the top for a little bodywork ?

Instead of using nasty wheel spacers as they put undue stress onto bearings and wheel studs, I cut the wheel centres out and mover then 32mm and welded them back in

I have made a solid rear bumper, but I'm not happy with it so am going to make another one soon, if any one fancys this one then it will be for sale.

this seems to be the only pic of the rear bumper I can find.

Next week I am putting the arch extentions on, sills are a bit rotten in a place or two so there being cut out and I'm folding up and welding on some heavy duty sill/rock sliders/sidesteps to meet with the arch extentions.

Then I have a winch waiting to be mounted on the front, and some GV front springs to cope with the extra weight and a 150 amp alternator to fit.

Need to make up full underbody protection.

Relocate the rear shock mounts so I can improve the articulation of the rear axle keeping the standard ride height, possably get rid of the 'A' bar and make up my linkages, we'll see what the articulations like when I get the longer shocks on there.

As I said I'm not happy with the rear bumper so I am going to fold another one up the same style as the sills.

Then we'll see where we go next Wink

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 19:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

deathbus

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice work  Very Happy
2old2tired2scared
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work indeed!......looks like you are going into battle Smile
Adrian-S

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love that rear bumper, how much would u wantt for it?  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: