2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fitted new electric windows and locks. not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
owen_999

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 20:11    Post subject: Fitted new electric windows and locks. not working Reply with quote

Hey guys, i have fitted new electronic windows and locks to my vitara today and none of it is working. i am currently missing the drivers side window switch which i know doesnt help but there is no power to the plug in the first place. am i right in thinking that the existing wiring loom in the car allows for this to be added as it has the correct plugs in the car and if i supply my own feed i can cause both windows to operate through a carefully placed piece of wire. the central locking i dont think ive wired up correctly in the first place but im not sure if the car has its own supply anywhere and ive also installed the electric mirrors but these dont seem to work and i cant find a switch for them anywhere although i have found the yellow connector plug for them. ive heard rumours of there being a black control box with a reset button under the dash somewhere for the windows but i cant find this or any other source of power for the windows. is anybody able to help?

Is anybody able to possibly come and give me a hand as i am really scratching my head with this one and cant figure it out. Sad

Thank you in advance
Owen
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 20:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

denbo

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a bit more info first, what year, v or gv, petrol or diesel, it could be you need to add a fuse. If you give us more info we may be able to help.
Denbo
owen_999

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

my car is a 1999 vit fatboy and the car i took it off is another vit of a similar year but its injected. its about all i know. it seems to have the same wiring connections and even comparing fuse boxes there is no difference :/ the vit mine came off did have a different style dash to mine though but underneath all the same boxes and wires that i can find on mine. there only difference was the addition of a crudely spliced on remote central locking box i believe. what details do you need on spacifics?
denbo

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked on auto data & tolerance but none give any wireing diagrames, so its back to basics for you. First you have to get to the back of the fuse box. Check the wire colour codes from the main switch, then there should be one the same at the fuse box. You will hopfully find a missing fuse or relay at that point. If not you will have to dig a bit deeper in the loom. You should be able to down load a wireing diagramme. Remember, nothing will work without the main switch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: