4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Recovery Basics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Offroad recovery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tash

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 20:55    Post subject: Recovery Basics Reply with quote

Hello Guys,

1st stupid question:

if i wanted to recover bogged down vehicals at a off road day including mine. what kit would one need? (other than a car)

e.g

winch - power, strain
ropes - what sorts
land ancor
ect
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 20:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tallbike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on all the elements in the equation.... What vehicle weights are involved? Type of terrain?? etc.... Always best to be over-prepared but that all costs money. Sensibly a strong enough kinetic rope (4 ton+), a hi-lift jack and some 'waffle boards' and another pulling vehicle should get you out of most trouble.... if in wooded terrain and you're looking at getting a winch, you'll need one rated at least twice the weight of the vehicle.... 4-6 ton is basic first bought winch but some fit 9-12 ton and all fitted using a winch bumper fitted to the chassis and a tree strop to anchor to trees so not to damage them. The favourite rope is Dynema(sp!) synthetic rope, you could use standard steel cable, normally supplied on given winch but its a little heavy but fine for most straight forward recoveries. But before all of that, you'll need decent recovery points on your vehicle and the one doing the recovery. Without those its a recipe for disaster. Embarassed  
I hope this helps but I would get more advice or even training before attempting these suggestions, maybe another forum member will jump in here and add more advice!  Shocked
31" MT tyres
Matching trailer being built from a 5 door Vit, watch this space!
Tash

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Smile i will be doing some trainng and reading somw books too. my idea is me and myfried. he drives a Landy, go out in a pair to somw sights. get stuck, recovery eachother/other people. my main thought is the Suzuki being to light to pull or winch the landy out.
zocko

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont worry, with the right driver, the zook should be able to recover most vehicles

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Offroad recovery All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: