4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Greenlaning in Bucks anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greenrat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 14:30    Post subject: Greenlaning in Bucks anyone? Reply with quote

Hi all
I am new to the forum and want to know whether there's anyone in the Herts beds or bucks area who are interested in greenlaning.I have seen some vids  of whaddon and whilst chocking to death in a pool of mud looks great I don't have the skill for it(also my sj doesn't have any mods like giant tyres)
Any advice much appreciated:)
El .
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 14:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

MrHair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go out in my delica periodically with a group on salisbury plain.

You are welcome to join us on our next meet which is 21st April meeting at stonehenge.

Youd by fine with a stock vehcile, we would just point you round the stuff you couldnt go through and help get you out if you get stuck
zocko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might be interested mrhair depending on work etc

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
MrHair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, the more the merrier  Laughing  (within reasonable bounds)
Greenrat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mr hair.thanks for the offer if I'm free nearer the time I'm in.I've just been scouering os maps for legal lanes around me and there's quite a few.do u know anything about a site near little brickhill as it looks like a4x4 site but doesn't have any info up anywhere .I saw vehicles in there once but it could be. just for LR owners.
Very Happy
MrHair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I dont know anything about the lanes and sites around brickhill, i doubt anywhere would be landy specific (except maybe a welding company  Laughing ).

I might try to get my usual group to head up that way in may/june time to play somewhere a bit different though. We keep meaning to do a weekend in dorset and sometime head down surrey way too.....
bigbossowen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i have done a bit of research in to green lanes in hampshire especially around basingstoke and the best site i came up with is the hampshire council web site
( http://www3.hants.gov.uk/row/locating-row/row-online-maps.htm )
this give you all the green lanes in hampshire that are on the right side of the law and if there are open or closed
and if you want somthing a bit more fun then there is the pay and play in Aldermaston
( http://www.4x4-withoutaclub.co.uk/ )
MrHair

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry everyone - i forgot to log on close to the meeting on the 21st and send a reminder.

We are going out again on Sat 19th June starting at Salisbury Racecourse between 10 and 10:30 (although we will probably still be hanging around chatting and drinking Coffee until 11) and continuing through the day on a variety of green lanes. Suitable for a beginng with few mods or someone who really wants to test theirs a bit more as well. What we do is either select routes based on the vehicles/desire to avoid damage of the people who turn up, or split those who want to be careful off when things are going to get tricky and meet up slightly later when we are back to normal stuff again.

It nice and easy to find the meeting point. At the main entry to the racecourse there is a sharp turn in the road and an area of rough parking at the side. You should see few delicas parked up depending what time you get there. If im not there aready then i am on my way.....

Do let me know through the forum if you are coming so we can be sure to looks for/wait for you....
MrHair

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a change of plan and are going out on the 26th instead - all other details are the same....
Greenrat

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update MrHair, I saw the Brickhill site open the other day and somebody told me theirs was a landrover club only and that anyone wanting to use it would have to do it via the landowner so that was that.
I've walked lots of great farm land tracks round here which are completely open but when I've checked them on OS explorer maps they havn't been all vehicle permissive.
ILOVEMYJIMNY Very Happy
MrHair

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

does that mean you are considering joining us next weekend then?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: