4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

auto gearbox cable trouble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingscreektrees

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 14:08    Post subject: auto gearbox cable trouble Reply with quote

Hi all; my name is Tim and I have a LHD Suzuki Vitara LWB, 1998 automatic. I live in Canada. I think my auto gearbox cable is no good. The only selectable gears are P, N and R (but I can get it into reverse from virtually any position on the gate, so that's quite handy....). We get tons of ice and snow here, and tons of salt is used on the roads (far more than in the UK). There's not much left of the bodywork of this vehicle, and I only use it on my tree farm, not on the road. Anyway, under the car, the cable appears frayed so badly that it has become "de-adjusted". I started tracing the cable and it looks like it goes up into the engine compartment, very close to the bulkhead, but there are so many other components in the way, and it's so tight in there, that I can't tell where the cable goes, nor what it is connected to. All of the cable mounts underneath appear rusted solid and renewing the cable looks like not an easy job. The vehicle is virtually worthless, so I'm considering scrapping it, but I would like to ask for any guidance as to how difficult of a job this is? The Haynes manual seems useless on this topic. All I really need is neutral and drive. Well, reverse would be nice too, but not necessary, so I don't mind doing a "Bodgeit and Scarper" job. The vehicle will never do more than about 20mph through my fields of Christmas trees. Other Suzi Quattro sites have not been helpful, so I thought I'd try you. Thanks for reading this, anyway! Tim
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 14:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: